Monday, June 21, 2010

Grub

We had some seriously good grub this weekend.


Saturday:
Lunch at Blue Water Seafood. These guys make what I consider the best fish taco in town. That being said, I branched out and had the local fresh halibut sandwich. I *generally* think sandwiches are a waste. Sandwiches are usually either a bunch not very tasty junk all smashed together or really tasty stuff that you can't taste because its all mashed together. That being said, once in a while you do get an excellent sandwich that is just right, and my halibut sandwich was one of these gems.

Dinner Part 1 at the Urban Solace, which is a farm-to-table joint. I had a lovely glass of malbec and we shared a bowl of pan roasted mussels with smoked tomato butter and charred toast. Malbec and mussels? I was cold and it was amazing.

Dinner Part 2 at the Linkery, which is another farm-to-table joint. This place means business too- they make everything (other than beer and wine) in-house, right down to ketchup and club soda. The stars of the evening were these incredible char grilled green beans. I would have never imagined that a) you could toss green bean on the 'ol bbq, or b) that they would be so so good.



Sunday:
Lunch at Don Ponchos. Our favorite fish taco dive.

Dinner? Fish tacos at home. And they were good. We cheated a bit and bought a pint of the Don Ponchos taco sauce, but perfection doesn't come overnight people.



My poor camera is on the fritz, so all I have some sad-ish phone pics and not much else. Have no fear, my new camera should arrive this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment