Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Edu-ma-cated

I somewhat recently decided to take up reading. Fiction. OMG, don't tell anyone. Well, I am sort of playing catch-up anyways. Since I didn't go to high school, I didn't do all the readings that most kids do. Plus, I really like the classics, so I figure can use some time to get edu-ma-cated in the literary world. I started with the short stories of Kafka and then dove into Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment. That was a good warm up, but I have officially jumped into the deep-end of the novel pool: War and Peace (Tolstoy).


This is not a book to be taken lightly. 1400 pages, 5 volumes, 2 epilogues, battle histories, maps, character keys, and hundreds of footnotes, will certainly keep me busy for the imminent future.

I've been looking for a list of the best or most noteworthy fiction, but haven't found one I am committed to yet. This is the contender at the moment: http://www.harvard.com/shelves/top100/

On another note, LOOK:


















For the second time ever, a Starbuckian got my name! Wow!

Oh, and just in case you were wondering what Leishmaniasis can do to your grill, check this out:


















I took the picture at the Museum of Man and thought it was fairly awesome.

Ok, back to work at on non-fiction...

No comments:

Post a Comment