Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hungry?

I have oodles of stories from Madagascar to share, but they kinda feel like old news now. Meh. Cows this, spear that. Right now the most exciting thing to me is Quinoa Salad. OMG it is so good that I must share the recipe and you must make it! If I could, I would make it for you, just to be sure you'd understand how good it is, and then you'd be sure to make it yourself. The original recipe is out of the Rebar cookbook. Mmm, Rebar.

Ingredients:
3 ears fresh corn on the cob, cooked, cut off the cob, and chilled
1 cup raw quinoa, cooked, and chilled
1 jalapeƱo pepper, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 bunch fresh cilantro, minced
1 bunch green onions, minced
juice of 1 fresh lemon
juice of 2 fresh limes
salt and pepper to taste

I cook the corn and quinoa the day before and then put it in the fridge overnight. For the quinoa, bring two cups of water to a boil, add the quinoa and turn the heat down to medium-low. Simmer for 10-12 minutes or until dry and tender. In a large pot, add the corn to boiling water and cook for 10 min.

Mix all ingredients and sit in the fridge for 30 minutes, if you can.

Trust me, it’s awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment