Sunday, May 15, 2011

Belated Blogiversary

May 13th was the one year anniversary of my first blog! And, on May 13th, I forgot that it was the one year anniversary of my first blog. I certainly didn't mean to blog for a whole year. In fact, I intended to blog for 79 days (http://blogasaurusrexmarnius.blogspot.com/2010/05/79-days-of-not-fucking-it-up.html), as at the time, it was 79 days before I left for Madagascar. I knew that I wouldn't have super regular internet access after I left, and figured that I should make the most of my high-speed connection- not to mention electricity.

It is sort of apropo that I forgot my blogiversary, given that I can't even remember the date of my wedding anniversary. I realize that I should know my wedding anniversary, but the date just never stuck with me. Its a bum date. It was either the 5th or the 6th day in either the 5th or the 6th month in 2005. I KNOW that for sure, 2005. I should at least get some props for that, right?

Anyhow, I think Ron and I should get married again, and forget the first one all together. Not like I want a wedding where people have to come and give gifts and all, because I know what a pain in the ass that is, and it seems tacky. Plus, I would rather go to the beach or farmer's market, rather than spend an entire day getting re-married. What a hassle that would be.

What then shall the re-wedding date be? Obviously, it needs to be a date I can easily remember. And where? Vegas seems like the obvious choice. Except that I hate Vegas. There are dirty underware in the street for "God's" sake. Hmm. Food for thought. Oh, even though it won't be a wedding wedding I most certainly do want a wedding cake. For the life of me, I can't find a picture of Ron and my wedding cake, but here is one of an adorable frog in Costa Rica.


Night all!

1 comment: